Tuesday 3 August 2010

Programmers' Working Hours

Last night I took a bunch of work home because I was getting paranoid about a deadline looming tomorrow (which turned out to not happen and get pushed back, but that's no big deal).

It took me back to years and years ago when, as a student, I realised that my most productive time is usually about 10pm-2am. Since then I've been working in the daytime and not realising that, as a programmer, the dark and quiet times of the night are actually the most productive.

I think in the four hours at home, while there were no phone calls or emails to be answered . . . as well as no food breaks or anything else, I did probably 1.5 days' work. I wonder if there are companies out there who hire computing professionals between the hours of 9pm and 3am instead of in the daytime . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment